Linguistic Justice in Research
1. Identify best practices for the equitable inclusion of non-English speaking participants in research, including through oral and written communication
2. Develop skills to apply best practices to your own research
3. Learn from community partners about how researchers and research institutions can become trustworthy for non-English speaking and immigrant and refugee communities in the context of historical trauma perpetuated by research on minoritized communities
4. Identify and network with colleagues interested in language equity work
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 6 contact hours.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this [replace with applicable format: live, enduring or blended] activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, the University of Pittsburgh is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. Social workers completing this course receive 5.5 general continuing education credits.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
- 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 5.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 5.50 ASWB
- 5.50 Attendance