Marijuana/Cannabis Use Overview Training Peru January 21 2021
Program Evaluation Research Unit (PERU)
• Recognize the known health impacts and therapeutic effects associated with marijuana use.
• Define the legal status of medical and recreational marijuana use in Pennsylvania.
• Define marijuana use disorder and the treatment options available to patients.
• Identify strategies to discuss marijuana use with patients.
Marijuana/Cannabis Use Overview Training (Agenda/Timeline) Time Topic Presenter(s)
5 Minutes Welcome, Introductions, & Program Overview • PERU
5 Minutes Review of the prevalence and impact of marijuana/cannabis use • PERU
10 Minutes Legal status of marijuana/cannabis • PERU
20 Minutes Diagnosing marijuana use disorder and reviewing evidence based treatment options • PERU
15 Minutes Strategies to discuss marijuana use • PERU 5 Minutes Questions and Discussion • PERU
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
Accreditation and credit designation
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hours.
Physician Assistant (AAPA)
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.0 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance