Mastering the Message by Marshalling the Messenger
- Introduction of the Importance of the Nurse’s Role in Health Policy
- ONS’s Health Policy Agenda
- Understanding the Political Environment
- Legislative and Regulatory Issues of Importance
- Becoming An Advocate
- How an ONS Chapter Can Make a Difference
- Questions and Answers
- By the end of the presentation the attendees will understand the policy environment that most affects the role of the oncology nurse in the American healthcare system.
- Attendees will be able to contact their government representatives and provide pertinent policy information on ONS’s agenda.
Alec Stone, MA, MPA
Oncology Nursing Society, Public Affairs Director
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.5 contact hours.
- 1.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.50 Attendance