The use of a new standardized communication tool, when paired with communication practice, will improve communication between physician practitioners, medical command physicians and specialty practice providers. This improvement in communication will improve patient care by improving fluidity of orders and continuity of care for patient care at the bedside.
Flight Nurse, flight paramedic
At the end of the course, the learner will:
1. Summarize the changes to the new consult format
2. Explain the need for a system based approach
3. Recognize common pitfalls and mitigating strategies for performing medical consult
4. Demonstrate a medical consult using the new consult format
Course provided online
Eugene F Macaraeg RN, BSN, CFRN, NRP, FP-C
Christian Martin-Gill, MD
Dylan Morris, MD
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is _1_ contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation