Medication Self Learning Module
Nurses do not regularly perform medication reconciliation and are not always thoroughly managing patient medication and providing patient teaching. Module provides education on medication reconciliation, policies, and management. A test and evaluation is required for completion and credit.
All RN and LPN Home Health nurses.
1. Identify where and how to locate all of the organizational procedures regarding medication management.
2. Describe how the reconciliation of medications and medication teaching is needed for safe patient care.
3. List the major safety interventions recommended regarding medication safety.
4. Describe factors in Adult Learning Theory that impact approaches to patient education.
5. Describe the use of “Teach Back” to enhance patient education.
6. List the activities that UPMC Home Healthcare has taken to provide safe care for our patients.
7. Repeat the responsibilities of all staff when caring for patients ordered medications through the reconciliation process.
8. List the policy and patient teaching materials related to medication administration and medication safety.
9. Review Beers Criteria and how to apply it.
10. Earn passing grade (100%) on post-test.
Certificate of Completion for LPNs
- 2.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 0.00 Attendance