THE MIDWEST SATA MEETING
This SATA regional meeting will provide discussion of novel areas of interest in liver, heart, and lung transplantation.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Determine the potential benefits and challenges of veno-venous bypass in liver transplantation
- Understand intraoperative management of recipients of DCD donation in liver transplantation
- Analyze the various vascular complications in the early postoperative period in lung transplantation
- Identify the role of new technology, including ex-vivo perfusion, in lung transplantation
- Understand changes in allocation policy in heart transplantation
- Assess intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography in patients undergoing heart transplantation
- Define the current state of DCD donation in heart transplantation
All individuals in a position to control the content of this education activity including members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, and/or content reviewers have disclosed all relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients.
The following relevant financial relationships were disclosed:
Tetsuro Sakai, MD, PhD, MHA (Haemonetics Inc. Research Grant)
Michael Essandoh, MD (Consultant Boston Scientific and S4 Medical)
Choy Lewis, MD (Research Funding La Jolla Pharmaceuticals; Consultant Edwards Lifesciences)
No other planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 4.00 Attendance