Neonatal Nursing Fellowship Class- Neurology and Renal
This program will provide formal education on complex neuro and renal neonatal problems.
Following this program, the learner will be able to:
1. Discuss the clinical presentation of a neonate with acute kidney injury
2. Describe the nursing care of a neonate requiring dialysis treatment.
3. Identify abnormalities on neonatal EEG tracings.
4. Discuss the pathophysiology of Neonatal Hypoxic brain injury.
5. State benefits of fetal surgery for spina bifida patients.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 5.5 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 5.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 5.50 Attendance