Neonatal Nursing Fellowship Class- Psychosocial & Leadership
Psychosocial issues in the NICU are challenging on many levels. This course will review resources and interventions that will empower staff to support complex patients and families
1. Identify the impact of a NICU admission on the family unit.
2. Discuss interventions to support families during their NICU stay
3. Describe developmental interventions in the NICU.
4. Describe the qualities of a transformational leader.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Nursing: The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 5 contact hours.
- 5.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation