Neonatal Nursing Fellowship Class- Transition and Support
This course was designed because the NICU nurse should learn more about maternal factors and supporting infants as they transition also symptoms of withdrawal and emergency situations that happen at birth
After completing this activity, the learner will be able to:
- State 3 supportive measures that are utilized to help a newborn transition
- Demonstrate scoring 3 infants using the neonatal abstinence scoring tool
- Discuss the process of neonatal transport in the UPMC system
- Identify 4 maternal issues that impact the developing fetus
- Participate in a neonatal resuscitation scenario
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 5.0 contact hour(s).
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 5.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 5.00 Attendance