NICU RN ECMO Class 9/20/2021
This class covers the ECMO content to give didactic and practical knowledge to the RN prior to caring for the ECMO patient.
After attending this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Identify potential ECMO patients based on criteria
- Identify the steps of preparing the patient for cannulation and the necessary blood work needed and interpret values
- Identify care strategies for the ECMO patient and explain the rationale for caring for a heparinized patient
- Identify an audible alarm on the pump and take necessary patient interventions should a problem arise that renders the pump inoperable
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 3 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 3.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 3.00 Attendance