NICU Skills Fair
This course was designed to provide more hands-on experience for certain skills and make the RN feel more comfortable providing care and interacting with the multidisciplinary team.
After completing the activity, the learner will be able to:
- prepare emergency epinephrine for administration
- demonstrate airway securement and re-taping
- review the utilization, modes, and basic functions of a defibrillator and when to utilize them
- demonstrate EVD specimen drawing
- prepare arterial line for prime and set-up
- demonstrate proper programming of a PCA
- demonstrate how to place an enteral tube to appropriate depth on manikin
- verbalize activities that can be utilized for big baby play
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.5 contact hour(s).
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.50 Attendance