OCN Test Review Course 11/22/21 and 12/1/21
This two day course provides an overview of the information required to help the oncology nurse in preparing for the OCN certification exam. Continuing education credit is provided at the completion of the two day course.
This course addresses the needs of registered nurses who are preparing for the oncology nursing certification exam.
1. Identify what content areas will be tested on the OCN exam.
2. Describe appropriate nursing measures to care for a patient experiencing an oncologic emergency.
3. Identify nursing interventions related to the management of symptoms resulting from cancer and cancer treatment.
4. Explain the different treatment modalities used to treat cancer.
5. Differentiate between clinical trials, unproven therapies, and complementary therapies in cancer treatment.
6. Understand the psychosocial dimensions of a patient during cancer diagnosis, cancer treatment, survivorship, and end-of-life.
7. Describe the different aspects of oncology nursing in regard to professional practice, including national resources, evidence-based practice, patient advocacy, and professional development.
- Amy DiMaggio MSN, RN, CMSRN, OCN
- Jennifer Heidkamp, MSN, RN, OCN
- Nicole Kahler, DNP, CRNP, AOCNP
- Jamilyn Kennell, MSN, RN, OCN
- Elizabeth Lacey, BSN, RN, OCN
- Rebecca McClelland, MSN-Ed, RN, OCN
- Brittni Prosdocimo, MSN, RN, BMTCN
- Victoria Reiser, CRNP, RN, OCN, BMTCN
- Linda Robertson, DrPH, MSN, RN
- Jessica Sarno, MSN, ACNP-BC, AOCNP
- Monica Siegel, MSN, CRNP, AOCNP
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 14 contact hours.
To receive 14 continuing education credits, the learner must log in, record attendance, attend the entire two day activity, and complete the activity evaluation.
- 14.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation