OCN Test Review Course 11/24/20 & 12/2/20
This 2-day course provides an overview of the information required to help the oncology nurse in preparing for the OCN exam. Nursing CE credit provided at completion of both days.
This course addresses the needs of registered nurses who are preparing for the oncology nursing certification exam.
1. Identify what content areas will be tested on the OCN exam.
2. Describe appropriate nursing measures to care for a patient experiencing an oncologic emergency.
3. Identify nursing interventions related to the management of symptoms resulting from cancer and cancer treatment.
4. Explain the different treatment modalities used to treat cancer.
5. Differentiate between clinical trials, unproven therapies, and complementary therapies in cancer treatment.
6. Understand the psychosocial dimensions of a patient during cancer diagnosis, cancer treatment, survivorship, and end-of-life.
7. Describe the different aspects of oncology nursing in regard to professional practice, including national resources, evidence-based practice, patient advocacy, and professional development.
This 2-day course provides an overview of the information required to help the ONC nurse in preparing for the OCN exam. Nursing CE credit provided at completion of both days.
Amy DiMaggio, MSN, RN, CMSRN
Annette Dutton, BSN, RN, OCN
Jennifer Heidkamp, MSN, RN, OCN
Jamilyn Kennell, MSN, RN, OCN
Connie Kinney, BSN, RN, OCN
Wendy Lucas, MSN, RN, CCNS, CCRN, BMTCN
Rebecca McClelland, MSN-Ed, RN, OCN
Brittni Prosdocimo, MSN, RN, BMTCN
Gina R. Quinlan, BSN, RN, CCM, BMTCN
Linda B. Robertson, DrPH, MSN, RN
Jessica Sarno, MSN, ACNP-BC, AOCNP
Monica Siegel, MSN, CRNP, AOCNP
Anne Stewart, CRNP, AOCNP, ACNP-B
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 14.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation