Oncology Education Days - 2/15/21
This program is intended for nurses working in oncology areas who need to have updated information on an ongoing basis in order to provide up-to-date, evidence-based care for their complex patients.
1. Explain the rationale for recent changes to the policies for administration of chemotherapy.
2. Discuss nursing management considerations for 2 drugs used to treat patients with oncology diagnoses.
3. Explain specific use of the nursing process for preventing adverse patient events in the oncology population.
4. Discuss best practices for symptom management in the oncology patient.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 4.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 4.00 Attendance