Oncology Education Days 3/17/2021
This is a course intended to update experienced heme-onc nurses with the latest knowledge that they need for their work.
Nurses working in hematology/oncology
1. Explain the rationale for recent changes to the policies for administration of chemotherapy.
2. Discuss nursing management considerations for 2 drugs used to treat patients with oncology diagnoses.
3. Explain specific use of the nursing process for preventing adverse patient events in the oncology population.
4. Discuss best practices for symptom management in the oncology patient.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is _4_ contact hours.
- 4.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 4.00 Attendance