Oral Health with Pediatric Members_Online
This presentation will provide an overview of oral health with pediatric members:
- Driving forces behind these efforts
- What is a dental benefit manager? (Avesis/SKYGEN USA)
- UPMC for You's approach to supporting oral health
- How you can help
- Oral health recommendations at home
- Oral health clinical recommendations
- Oral health in the primary care provider’s (PCP) office
- Learn more together
- Review and discussion scenarios in practice
- Provide resource information, such as:
- UPMC for You contact information
- Managed care plans
- Community resources
Doctors (Family practice/pediatricians), nurses, and staff
Suggested Additional Reading:
- Children’s oral health, basics. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. December 10, 2020. Accessed February 1, 2021. https://www.cdc.gov/oralhealth/basics/childrens-oral-health/index.html
- Disparities in oral health. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. May 1, 2020. Accessed February 1, 2021. https://www.cdc.gov/oralhealth/oral_health_disparities/index.htm
- Internal Medicaid and CHIP COVID-19 Summaries [PDF]. Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services. No date. Accessed February 1, 2021. https://www.medicaid.gov/state-resource-center/downloads/covid19-data-snapshot.pdf
- Dental information for recipients and families. Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. No date. Accessed January 12, 2021. https://www.dhs.pa.gov/Services/Assistance/Pages/Dental-Services.aspx
- Medical assistance bulletin 99-19-02. Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. August 19, 2019. Accessed January 12, 2021.https://www.dhs.pa.gov/docs/Publications/Documents/FORMS%20AND%20PUBS%20OMAP/c_291410.pdf
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Assess available dental benefits
- Recognize how providers can integrate oral health into their practices, including best practices for doing so.
- Identify the supports and resources available to assist patients and providers with oral health care.
- Johanna Vidal-Phelan, MD, MBA, FAAP Pediatrician at Hamilton Health Center, an FQHC in Harrisburg, and Senior Medical Director in Pediatrics at UPMC Health Plan
- Debra Zeh, RN, BSN - Senior Director, Quality Improvement & Provider Performance (UPMC Health Plan) at UPMC
- Andrea Sweeney, RN - Sr. Manager Performance Improvement, Quality
Presenter: Jessica Rhodes - UPMC Health Plan Program Director
All individuals in a position to control the content of this education activity including members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, and/or content reviewers have disclosed all relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients.
No other planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician (CME) The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing (CNE) The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hours.
Other Healthcare Professionals Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance