PA AAP EPIC®: Breastfeeding Education, Support and Training (BEST) and Keystone 10- 15 Hour Breastfeeding Training 6.22-23.20
As a result of participation in this activity, participants will be able to:
- Should be able to help facilitate the 10 Steps for successful breastfeeding
- Recognize misconceptions by health professionals that create barriers to breastfeeding
- Develop office, hospital, and workplace policies to support breastfeeding
- Provide anticipatory guidance to support mothers to successfully breastfeed
- Assist women with breastfeeding problems, and help them utilize community resources
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by, the UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences, UPMC / University of Pittsburgh Medical Center or Affiliates and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Reasonable efforts have been taken intending for educational subject matter to be presented in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. However, each program attendee must always use his/her own personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses
Julie Altavilla – Jefferson Hospital of AHN
Disclosure: No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone
else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any
proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or
consumed by, patients to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Pittsburgh and the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 15.00 Attendance