Parent and Child Health: Substance Use Awareness Virtual Conference - Q&A on Substance Use and Pregnancy
Stigma about substance use continues to prevent people from seeking services. This is particularly true for people struggling with addiction during pregnancy. This session will provide an opportunity to have questions answered by two Board Certified Obstetricians and a Certified Obstetric Registered Nurse. Questions from participants will be encouraged, relating to topics surrounding substance use and pregnancy.
* Discuss the impact of stigma relating to substance use and pregnancy
* Describe the medication for opioid use disorder (MOUD) during pregnancy
* Learn about interventions for newborns exposed to substances
Michelle Wright, DO
Linda Barnhart, DO
Kaleigh Gustafson, RNC-OB
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A maximum of 1.0 nursing contact hours will be awarded. Participants will be able to claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the program.
OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance