PAS Charge Nurse Workshop January 23,2024
This course will prepare nurses for the charge nurse role.
Upon completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Describe the process to print downtime forms,
- Describe the process for crash cart maintenance
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize Shift Select to plan staffing for the unit.
- Have a better understanding of patient safety reporting and identify a “good catch"
- Be able to recognize and verbalize the process of testing staff for fitness for duty.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 5 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 3.25 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 3.25 Attendance