Physician Leadership Essentials (Cohort M) Day 6 12.15.22
The goal is to cover various leadership and management topics
1) Create and sustain skilled physician leaders that cultivate both successful patient and business outcomes
2) Establish a culture of learning that addresses physician leaders learning needs and styles
3) Invest in the next generation of physician leaders
4) Integrate physicians in the UPMC Experience/Patient Experience culture
8:00am – 8:45am Welcome and Day 5 Review - Your Leadership Legacy
8:45 am – 11:45 am Leadership Challenge Presentations
11:45 am – 12:30 pm Lunch
12:30 pm – 2:45 pm Leadership Challenge Presentations
2:45 pm – 3:00 pm Break
3:00 pm – 3:50 pm Leadership Capstone Lecture – Dr. Nash
3:50 pm – 4:00 pm Break
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Cross Functional Executive Panel
5:00pm – 5:05 pm Summary & Closing
• Martina Bison-Huckaby, Manager, Physician Learning and Development, UPMC Corporate Services
• Ken Nash MD, Executive Interim Chief, Department of Neurology, Professor and Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs, Department of Psychiatry
Cross Functional Executive Panel
Charles Bogosta, MA Executive Vice President, UPMC, President, UPMC International
Elizabeth Piccione, MD, President, UPMC Jameson & UPMC Horizon
Johanna Vidal-Phelan, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Quality Department UPMC Health Plan
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
Accreditation and credit designation
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 7.75 Attendance