Physician Leadership Essentials (Cohort N) Day 1 5.12.22
The UPMC Physician Leadership Essentials program is part of a multi-year comprehensive approach to physician leadership development which will focus on multiple interventions over time to address the development needs of the entire physician employment life cycle.
The goal is to cover various leadership and management topics
1) Create and sustain skilled physician leaders that cultivate both successful patient and business outcomes
2) Establish a culture of learning that addresses physician leaders learning needs and styles
3) Invest in the next generation of physician leaders
4) Integrate physicians in the UPMC Experience/Patient Experience culture
- Martina Bison-Huckaby, Manager, Physician Learning and Development, UPMC Corporate Services
- Jennifer Berliner, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Medical Director, Office of the Chief Medical and Scientific Officer; UPMC Department of Medicine
8:00 am – 9:00 am
Welcome and Program Introduction
9:00 am – 10:15 am
Role of the Physician Leader
Developing an Enterprise Mindset
10:15 am – 10:30 am
10:30 am – 11:30 am
Strengthening Your Emotional Intelligence
11:30 am – 12:15 pm
12:15 pm – 1:45 pm
Using DiSC to Better Understand Your Leadership and Communication Styles
1:45 pm – 2:00 pm
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Focusing on Physician Well-being (Jennifer Berliner)
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Your Leadership Challenge Project
3:30 pm – 3:45 pm
Summary and Closing – Next Steps
- Strategic Leadership at UPMC
- Strengthening Your EQ
- Physician Well-being
- Your Leadership Journey
Martina Bison-Huckaby, Manager, Learning and Development, UPMC
Jennifer Berliner, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Medical Director, Office of the Chief Medical and Scientific Officer; UPMC Department of Medicine
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 6.50 Attendance