Physician Leadership Essentials (Cohort N) Day 3 9.8.22
The UPMC Physician Leadership Essentials program is part of a multi-year comprehensive approach to physician leadership development which will focus on multiple interventions over time to address the development needs of the entire physician employment life cycle.
The goal is to cover various leadership and management topics
1) Create and sustain skilled physician leaders that cultivate both successful patient and business outcomes
2) Establish a culture of learning that addresses physician leaders learning needs and styles
3) Invest in the next generation of physician leaders
4) Integrate physicians in the UPMC Experience/Patient Experience culture
8:00am – 8:15am
Day 2 Review
8:15am – 10:15am
Performance Management (Jessica Buechli)
Establishing and Meeting Goals
10:15am – 10:30 am
10:30am – 11:30am
Providing Feedback (Jessica Buechli)
High - Solid -Low Conversations
11:30am – 12:00pm
Engagement MAGIC (Martina Bison-Huckaby)
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1:00pm – 3:00pm
UPMC HR Overview & EEO (Heather Reading)
3:00pm – 3:30pm
Summary & Closing
- Time/Project Management
- Performance Management
- Developing and Retaining Talent
- HR Overview
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by, the UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences, UPMC / University of Pittsburgh Medical Center or Affiliates and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Reasonable efforts have been taken intending for educational subject matter to be presented in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. However, each program attendee must always use his/her own personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses
- Martina Bison-Huckaby, Manager, Physician Learning and Development, UPMC Corporate Services
- Jessica Buechli, Senior Directory, Learning and Development, UPMC Corporate Services
- Heather Reading, Director, Human Resources, UPMC Physician Services
Disclosure Statement: No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
Accreditation and credit designation
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 6.25 Attendance