Physician Leadership Essentials (Cohort P) Day 3 1.11.23
The UPMC Physician Leadership Essentials program is part of a multi-year comprehensive approach to physician leadership development which will focus on multiple interventions over time to address the development needs of the entire physician employment life cycle.
The goal is to cover various leadership and management topics
1) Create and sustain skilled physician leaders that cultivate both successful patient and business outcomes
2) Establish a culture of learning that addresses physician leaders learning needs and styles
3) Invest in the next generation of physician leaders
4) Integrate physicians in the UPMC Experience/Patient Experience culture
8:00am – 8:15am
Welcome (Ashley Southworth)
Day 2 Review
8:15am – 10:15am
Performance Management (Jessica Buechli)
Establishing and Meeting Goals
10:15am – 10:30 am
10:30am – 11:30am
Providing Feedback (Jessica Buechli)
High - Solid -Low Conversations
11:30am – 12:00pm
Engagement MAGIC (Jessica Buechli)
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1:00pm – 3:00pm
UPMC HR Overview & EEO (Heather Reading)
3:00pm – 3:30pm
Summary & Closing
- Time/Project Management
- Performance Management
- Developing and Retaining Talent
- HR Overview
Ashley Southworth, Learning Coordinator, Physician Learning and Development, UPMC Corporate Services
Jessica Buechli, Senior Directory, Learning and Development, UPMC Corporate Services
Heather Reading, Director, Human Resources, UPMC Physician Services
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 6.25 Attendance