Physician Leadership & UPMC Experience Series 5.19.21
Session One: Enhancing Leadership, Communication, and Trust with the Care Team
In this session, physician leaders will focus on the elements of fostering a healthy culture and on building leadership and communication competencies to enhance trust and collaboration within their care teams. The session will conclude with a leadership panel discussion conducted by hospital leadership and patient experience representatives.
o Enhance patient experience
o Improve physician/patient communication skills
o Connect physicians to the UPMC Experience
o Enhance physicians’ leadership, communication, and trust with their care team
5:00pm – 5:10pm
Welcome & Introduction of Series
5:10pm – 5:45pm
Fostering a Healthy Culture
Building Leadership & Communication Competencies
5:45pm – 6:30pm
- Martina Bison-Huckaby, Manager, Learning and Development
- James Boyle, MD, VPMA UPMC Passavant
- Vincent Silvaggio, MD, VPMA UPMC St. Margaret
- Gwendolyn Sowa, MD, Chair of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Physician Champion of UMPC Experience
- Donald Yealy, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Health Services Division
Accreditation and credit designation
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.50 Attendance