Pittsburgh Gut Club: The GI Benefits of Treating Obesity 12/9/21
The UPMC Pittsburgh Gut Club is a gastroenterology education and networking series designed to bring novel and relevant subspecialty advancements to the Greater Pittsburgh region. All gastroenterologists, physicians, and allied health professionals are encouraged to attend.
• Review state-of-the-art information on the pathogenesis of gastrointestinal and liver diseases.
• Review the latest procedural and diagnostic advancements for gastroenterology practice.
• Identify current treatments available for GI diseases and discuss future advancements.
Disclosure Statement: The following relevant financial relationships were disclosed
· Lee Kaplan, MD, PhD is a consultant for Amgen, Gelesis, Johnson & Johnson, Lilly, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Rhythm, and Xeno.
· Jaideep Behari, MD, PhD receives grant/research support from Gilead, Endra Life Sciences, and Pfizer Inc. He also receives other institutional research contracts from Intercept, Genetech, Galectin, Celgene, and Pfizer Inc.
· Robert E Schoen, MD MPH receives grant/research support from Freenome and Immunovia Inc.
· No other planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Accreditation and credit designation
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.