Precepting for Success 11/8/2021 -ANCC Approved SUTWH
This course is designed to increase nurse preceptor knowledge related to preceptor responsibilities specific to nursing.
- Determine personal precepting style by completing self-evaluation activity
- Identify ways to support the preceptee throughout the precepted experience, beginning with use of AIDET + Promise
- Identify roles and expectations of preceptor, preceptee, unit leadership team, and educator
- Identify strategies for creating a positive learning environment
- Describe the UPMC orientation documentation process and tools specific to your facility
- Provide relevant, timely, specific feedback; document and share that evaluation according to the process specific to your facility
- Identify resources to help the preceptor address challenges related to the preceptor role
Wendy Quigel, BSN, RN, CPN
Tina Reeder, MSN, NPD-C
Lisa Emery, BSN, RN, ONC
Della Watson, MSN, RN, NPD-C
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
To receive 4.5 Contact Hours, the learner must sign in, attend the entire activity, and complete the activity evaluation.