Precepting For Success ANCC approved
This program will provide attendees the information necessary to precept both new employees and students. It will include identifying the expectations and roles of preceptor and preceptee. It will also include strategies to create a positive learning environment, documentation process and feedback. The course will also identify resources for both the preceptor and preceptee.
- Determine personal precepting style by completing self-evaluation activity
- Identify ways to support t he preceptee throughout the precepted experience
- Identify roles and expectations of preceptor and preceptee
- Identify strategies for creating a positive learning environment
- Describe the UPMC orientation documentation process and tools
- Provide relevant, timely, specific feedback and document appropriately
- Identify resources to help the preceptor address challenges related to this role
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 4.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation