Procedural Sedation Class
This course is for new nurses who will be caring for patients undergoing procedural sedation. The course is designed to provide additional knowledge and training specific to caring for pediatric patients who require procedural sedation.
1. Learner will be able to identify medications, dosing, and reversal agents used for procedural sedation.
2. Learner will be able to define procedural sedation complications.
3. Learner will be able to identify contraindications for procedural sedation.
4. Learner will be able to demonstrate effective bag-mask-ventilation during simulation portion.
Kristen Sandridge MSN, RN, CPN
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 3 contact hours.
- 3.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation