Project Management Training for Research Professionals (CSTI) Module 1 on 8.21.19
The Project Management Training for Research Professionals is a nine-hour course developed by the Clinical and Translational Institute at the University of Pittsburgh to introduce tools and strategies of project management.
Research professionals within the Pitt/UPMC academic research community including investigators, coordinators, and research staff
Attendees will gain concrete skills for planning and executing projects, assessing, communicating and managing issues, and leading groups in problem solving and decision making.
- Successful use of specific communication techniques and tools for clinical research project management
- Improved soft skills for communication with research staff, investigators, and clinical research participants
- Define significance and the application of proven project management practices for clinical research
Session 1: Communication
- Identify communication skills of a good project manager
- Describe the components of communication and use effective written communication techniques
Session 2: Service Orientation
- Define service orientation for research
- Practice active listening and follow the steps of customer recovery
Session 3: Getting the Best from your Team
- Define essential skills of an influencer
- Prepare for a persuasive conversation
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by, the UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences, UPMC / University of Pittsburgh Medical Center or Affiliates and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Reasonable efforts have been taken intending for educational subject matter to be presented in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. However, each program attendee must always use his/her own personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment decisions including, without limitation, FDA-approved uses and any off-label uses
Karen Schmidt, PhD, Research Facilitator, CTSI/University of Pittsburgh
Dana Farrell, BS, Research Facilitator, CTSI/University of Pittsburgh
Carrie Fascetti, LSW, Pediatric PITTNet Administrator, CTSI/University of Pittsburgh
Lisa Pilewski, Administrative Team Lead, CTSI/University of Pittsburgh
Shannon Valenti, MBA, CIP, Research Facilitator Team Lead, CTSI/University of Pittsburgh
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 3.00 Attendance
Karen L. Schmidt, PhD PMP
Director, Responsible Conduct of Research Center
Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI)
7048 Forbes Tower
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh PA 15260