Provider Diagnosis Documentation – Updates to Medicare Risk Adjustment / HCC
This presentation reviews the importance of provider diagnosis documentation and ICD-10-CM coding as it relates to Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC) in CMS Risk Adjustment models. CMS updates to the new V28 Risk Adjustment Model will be discussed and the impact on provider diagnosis documentation and ICD-10-CM code reporting.
Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians, Physician Assistants, and clinical staff.
- Demonstrate an understanding of diagnosis documentation and coding importance for Medicare Advantage patients.
- Build skills of best practice documentation for diagnoses as it relates to notable CMS changes and updates to many ICD-10-CM codes/HCCs in the new risk adjustment model.
- Improve diagnosing, documenting, and reporting codes with better specificity based on ICD-10-CM classification.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE
Other health care professionals
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.