PUH/SHY APP Quality Forum 1.22.24
AAPA (Physician Assistant)
1) Address where APPs should go to for hospital and system Quality updates.
2) Bring awareness of the impact of mortality on quality and reputation reporting. Connect Clinical and Non-Clinical requirements.
3) Describe various options available for care and admission pathways for patient centered care that can impact hospital reporting.
4) Identify and implement Dx based terminology and timeliness in documentation, paying attending to capturing Acute/Chronic conditions and how documentation affects metrics.
5) Optimize Throughput importance in hospital/patient management. Confirm benefits of the depart process (consult/primary services) and partnership with Care Team, including Discharge Plan Managers.
6) Discuss implications of Quality Care in US News and World reporting.
7) Confirm resources offered by UPMC and PUH/SHY hospitals for supporting patient care and quality management.
10:00-10:15 Welcome Ben Reynolds
10:15-10:45 Improving Quality: Why Provider Documentation Matters - Megan Cortazzo, Sam Fleming
10:45-11:00 The APP Model - Lindsay Smell
11:00-11:45 Enhancing Quality Care: PUH SHY Hospital QI Initiatives - Sherri Jones
11:45-12:00 Closing Remarks Ben Reynolds
Megan Cortazzo, Sam Fleming
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is __ contact hours.
Physician Assistant (AAPA)
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for ___ AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 2.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 2.00 Attendance