Safety First: Basic Suicide Risk Screening and Response
PLEASE HEAD TO THE "REGISTER" TAB, AND CLICK ON THE PURPLE "REGISTER/COMPLETE COURSE" BUTTON TO BEGIN YOUR EVALUATION, CLAIM YOUR CREDIT, AND DOWNLOAD YOUR CERTIFICATE.
IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES, PLEASE REACH OUT TO THE CME DEPARTMENT AT HAM_CME@UPMC.EDU OR 814-877-5691.
• Identify five ‘risk factors’ for suicide
• Identify five 'warning signs' that indicate suicide risk
• Demonstrate how to effectively and directly ask about suicide
• Name three steps to take if a person is experiencing a suicide crisis
• Describe three resources for suicide prevention
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
A maximum of 1.0 nursing contact hours will be awarded. Participants will be able to claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the program.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance