Safety - UPMC Health Plan
At any given time, your Participant or their care giver may be experiencing stress and may not respond in a positive manner. In this module, you’ll learn how to identify factors that may precipitate a crisis and use de-escalation techniques to prevent a situation from escalating. You will also learn how to respond in a calm, professional manner when a crisis cannot be prevented.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss strategies on how to stay safe during different parts of the visit. Everything from before you leave the house, to after you leave the visit.
- Discuss the common safety risks you may face in your role.
- Know what to do in case of bad weather or other disasters.
- Describe how to respond when you encounter a safety risk.
- Discuss when and how to develop a safety plan with your supervisor.
UPMC Health Plan
This training is not accredited.
- 0.00 Attendance