Spring 23 OCN Test Review Course
May 8, 2023 to May 15, 2023
OCN® Test Review Course
Day 1: Monday, May 8th, 2023 and Day 2: Monday, May 15th, 2023 via Microsoft TEAMS
The learner will be able to:
- Identify what content areas will be tested on the OCN exam.
- Describe appropriate nursing measures to care for a patient experiencing an oncologic emergency.
- Identify nursing interventions related to the management of symptoms resulting from cancer and cancer treatment.
- Explain the different treatment modalities used to treat cancer.
- Differentiate between clinical trials, unproven therapies, and complementary therapies in cancer treatment.
- Understand the psychosocial dimensions of a patient during cancer diagnosis, cancer treatment, survivorship, and end-of-life.
- Describe the different aspects of oncology nursing regarding professional practice, including national resources, evidence-based practice, patient advocacy, and professional development.
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
- Kristi Altice, MSN, CRNP, ACHPN
- Amy DiMaggio, MSN, RN, CMSRN, OCN
- Jennifer Heidkamp, MSN, RN, OCN
- Nicole Kahler, DNP, AG-ACNP, AOCNP
- Elizabeth Lacey, BSN, RN, OCN
- Lynne O’Connor, MSN, RN
- Brittni Prosdocimo, MSN, RN, BMTCN
- Markie Rearick, MSN, RN, BMTCN
- Linda Robertson, DrPH, MSN, RN
- Monica Siegel, MSN, CRNP, AOCNP
- Anne Stewart, CRNP, AOCNP, ACNP-BC
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 14 contact hours.
To receive 14 contact hours, the learner must log in, record attendance, attend both course days, and complete the activity evaluation.
- 14.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation