Suicide and Depression in the Primary Care Office
This course provides medical professionals with information and statistics related to the prevalence of depression, suicide, and suicidal thoughts. The course educates providers on the importance of screening for depression and suicide within primary care and provides an overview of screening tools. Best practices for the treatment of depression are outlined, including prescribing practices for antidepressants. The course outlines preferred pathways for primary care to treat and/or refer patients to best address their behavioral health needs, as well as providing an overview of the behavioral health resources and tools provided by UPMC Health Plan.
There is no educational content to this course. This course is designed to supplement training that has already occurred. This course is designed to only administer the post-test and collect CME evaluations.
Physicians, nurses, and clinical staff
- Understand the prevalence of depression, suicide, and suicidal thoughts and behaviors from a state and national.
- Incorporate routine screenings for depression and suicide into daily practice.
- Identify a multi-pronged approach in the treatment for depression and suicide in primary care.
- Determine when and how to refer to behavioral health services
Course content located on Brainshark platform. There is no educational content to this course. This course is designed to only administer the post-test and collect CME evaluations.
- Geoffrey Neimark, MD – Pfizer, Tonix, Plandai: stakeholder (publicly held)
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.50 Attendance
Choose Register/Complete Course to complete the module.
First time Users: If you have never completed training on this website, please select register in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
Returning Users: If you have completed training on this website, please log in in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.