Supporting healthy kids & families through park prescriptions- LIVE
This course was designed because it will raise awareness among school nurses on a clinical-community partnership being implemented in primary care settings that can also be implemented in schools. This session will provide information about park prescription programs and how one can be implemented. Workflow can be adapted to the needs of a particular setting (e.g. primary care, schools).
After completing this activity, the learner will be able to:
- describe three health benefits of spending time in nature
- describe one method for prescribing parks to patients
- identify one or more park prescription resources that can be used in the clinical setting
Dr. Robert Zarr
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hours.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit[s]™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance