Transplant Class April 2023
This course was designed to educate staff members who are new to caring for pediatric transplant patients and families.
After completing this activity, the learner will be able to:
- define intestinal failure
- state potential complications of liver, intestine and kidney transplant.
- discuss infection concerns for transplant recipients
- define specific labs values for liver, intestine and kidney recipients
- discuss care of the child with acute liver failure
- discuss care of the child with chronic liver failure
- state functions of the liver
- state consequences of ascites
- discuss why we do liver transplants for metabolic disorders
- describe the aspects of nursing care of the post-operative transplant recipient.
- discuss the different forms of immunosuppression used to prevent rejection in the transplant recipient
- discuss the different roles of members of the transplant psychosocial care team both pre- and post- transplant
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 11.25 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 11.25 AAPA Category I CME
- 11.25 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 11.25 Attendance