UPMC Hillman Cancer Center APP Meeting
This activity is designed to educate advanced practice providers caring for oncology patients regarding current diagnostic, treatment, and patient management patent care recommendations.
Advanced practice providers caring for oncology patients within UPMC and UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
- Identify appropriate patients for referral to high risk program
- Understand the elements of developing a quality improvement project and implementing in my work setting
- Recognize the clinical presentation of multiple myeloma
- Understand the clinical work up of a patient with multiple myeloma
- Recall the requirements for patient diagnosis of multiple myeloma versus differential diagnosis such as monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS)
- Identify various multiple myeloma staging systems
- Apply general knowledge of multiple myeloma treatment and side effect monitoring/management to clinical practice
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 2 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 2 contact hours.
All other learners will receive a certificate of attendance.
To receive 2 Contact Hours, the learner must register, attend the entire activity, and complete the activity evaluation.
- 2.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 2.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 2.00 Attendance