UPMC Procirca Adult ECLS Bootcamp
July 12, 2019
This course has been designed to follow the ELSO Guidelines for Training and Continuing Education for adult ECMO Specialists.
Upon completion of the course, learners should be able to:
- Understand basic principles of ECMO
- Identify indications and contraindications for ECMO support in the adult patient
- Have a foundational understanding of the function of the components of the ECMO circuit
- Understand concerns of managing patients on ECMO
- Describe complications that may occur while on ECMO support
- Understand the cannulation, weaning and decannulation of the ECMO patient
- Respond to the most common ECMO emergencies
- Demonstrate ECMO knowledge in high fidelity simulation scenarios
New York, NY
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.50 Attendance