UPMC Western Maryland - Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider 2023 - May
ACLS Provider course
May 11, 2023: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Instructors: Shelly Caton and Chelsey Shroyer
RNs, NPs, PAs, MDs, Paramedics
1. Apply BLS, primary and secondary assessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult patients.
2. Perform prompt, high-quality BLS & integrating early AED use.
3. Discuss early recognition and management of respiratory arrest, acute coronary syndrome (ACS), and stroke.
4. Recognize and perform early management of bradyarrhythmia and tachyarrhythmia that may result in cardiac arrest.
5. Perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including ROSC.
6. Model effective communication as a member and leader of a high-performance team.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 8.0 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 8.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation