UPMC Western Maryland Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider 2023 - December
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider is an American Heart Association (AHA) course designed to provide the knowledge and skills needed by healthcare providers to care for pediatric patients in emergent situations.
This class is a 2-day course and will take place on:
December 12, 2023: 8am - 4pm
December 13, 2023: 8am - 1pm
RN, NP, PA, MD/DO, Paramedics
1. Understand the increased emphasis on BLS in pediatric emergencies with the ability to demonstrate high-quality CPR for one- and two-rescuer infant and child resuscitation and AED use.
2. Describe the roles of the resuscitation team leader and team members.
3. Demonstrate effective team management skills.
4. Understand and demonstrate the elements of the systematic approach to pediatric emergencies.
5. Identify and treat stable and unstable pediatric patients experiencing respiratory-, cardiac-, or shock-related emergencies.
Dr Michael Levitas
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 12.0 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 12.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation