UPMC Western Maryland Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Renewal 2023 - October
This course is designed to renew healthcare providers' and knowledge skills surrounding the systematic AHA PALS approach to cardiopulmonary emergencies in pediatric patients.
October 12, 2023: 8am - 4:00pm
Instructors: Elisa Opel & Chelsey Shroyer
RNs, PAs, NPs, Physicians
1. Understand the increased emphasis on BLS in pediatric emergencies with the ability to demonstrate high-quality CPR for one- and two-rescuer infant and child resuscitation and AED use.
2. Describe the roles of the resuscitation team leader and team members.
3. Demonstrate effective team management skills.
4. Understand and demonstrate the elements of the systematic approach to pediatric emergencies.
5. Identify and treat stable and unstable pediatric patients experiencing respiratory-, cardiac-, or shock-related emergencies.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 6.0 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 6.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation