Ushering Out Stigma Training Substance Use Disorder Attitudes and Perceptions (Peru) Session 2 8.17.22
Program Evaluation Research Unit (PERU)
Session 1 - July 13, 2022
Session 2 - August 17, 2022
Physicians, Nurses, Advanced Practice Providers, Social Workers
12:00 PM – 12:05 PM
Welcome, Introductions, & Program Overview
12:05 PM – 12:20 PM
Stigma & Language
12:20 PM – 12:35 PM
The Role of Healthcare Providers in Addressing Stigma
12:35 PM – 12:45 PM
12:45 PM – 12:55 PM
Challenging negative beliefs about OUD and MOUD
12:55 PM – 1:00 PM
Questions and wrap-up
- Alexis Waksmunski, MPIA | Associate Training Coordinator | University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy Program Evaluation and Research Unit (PERU)
- Katie Wooten, MPH | Sr. Program Implementation Specialist | University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy Program Evaluation and Research Unit (PERU)
- Georgie Scott, MPH | Associate Program Implementation Specialist | University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy Program Evaluation and Research Unit (PERU)
- Caitlin Walsh, MS CPhT | Associate Program Implementation Specialist | University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy Program Evaluation and Research Unit (PERU)
No members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients to disclose.
Accreditation and credit designation
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hours.
Physician Assistant (AAPA)
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.0 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Social Work (ASWB)
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, University of Pittsburgh is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. University of Pittsburgh maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive 1.0 continuing education credits.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 ASWB
- 1.00 Attendance