Winter 23 Foundations to Practice: Overview of Solid Tumors
Foundations to Practice: Overview of Solid Tumors
Monday, January 9, 2023
UPMC Shadyside Herberman Conference Center 201AB and Microsoft Teams, Remote Attendance
The learner will be able to:
- Explain resources that are available from the American Cancer Society.
- Identify risk factors that may lead to the development of solid tumors.
- Recall screening guidelines for solid tumors.
- Explain the diagnostic work up for solid tumors.
- Recognize treatment options and supportive care measures to utilize for patients are diagnosed with solid tumors.
- Demonstrate learning has occurred by receiving at least an 85% on final knowledge assessment.
- Abby Baugh, MS, PA-C
- Theresa Celender, MPAS, PA-C, FAPACVS
- Nicole Dreibelbis, CRNP, WHNP-BC
- Kelly Francis, PA-C
- Kacie Jankoski, BS
- Connie Kinney, BSN, OCN
- Jennifer Mabold, MSN, CRNP-BC
- Angela Merlino, MPAS, PA-C
- Tricia Seaman, MSN, RN, CMSRN
- Melissa Wilson, MPAS, PA-C
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 7 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 7 contact hours.
To receive 7 Contact Hours, the learner must register attendance, attend the entire class day, complete the activity evaluation, and achieve ≥ 85% on the knowledge assessment. Attendance will be tracked throughout class day.
- 7.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 7.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 7.00 Attendance