Winter 23 Foundations to Practice: Symptom Management of Patients with Cancer
Foundations to Practice: Symptom Management of Patients with Cancer on Tuesday, January 17, 2023
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, Remote Attendance
The learner will be able to:
- Recall strategies to assess patients for three symptoms of cancer or cancer treatments.
- Identify three interventions to treat or manage the side effects of patients with symptoms of cancer or cancer treatments.
- Recognize psychosocial needs the patient with cancer may experience.
- Explain the use of supportive services to assist patients with symptom management of cancer or cancer treatments.
- Demonstrate learning has occurred by receiving at least an 85% on final knowledge assessment.
- Rebecca Coleman, Psy.D., MSCP
- Kelli Fasenmyer, BSN, RN
- Rebecca Hoelsken, CRNP, CRM
- Erin Kerr, PT, DPT, GCS
- Julia Muller, MSN, CRNP, OCN
- Katey Murgi, MSN, RN
- Ellen Ormond, PhD
- Darcy Ploucha, PA-C
- Linda Polakovsky, RD, LDN
- Monica Siegel, MSN, RN, CRNP, AOCNP
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 7 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 7 contact hours.
To receive 7 Contact Hours, the learner must register attendance, attend the entire class day, complete the activity evaluation, and achieve ≥ 85% on the knowledge assessment. Attendance will be tracked throughout class day.
- 7.00 AAPA Category I CME
- 7.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 7.00 Attendance