Wiser Crisis Team Training (CTT) 9.13.21
The goal of Crisis Team Training (CTT) is to train healthcare providers the key concepts of teamwork and communication when responding to a medical emergency. Through hands-on scenario based simulations and interactive debriefing sessions
By the end of this course the participants should be able to:
- Identify key communication strategies
- Utilize effective communication techniques during medical emergency team responses
- Perform essential tasks during medical emergency responses
- Practice identifying areas of mutual support and team shared mental models
2 hours Pre-course work: Online content review and assessments
8:00 – 8:30 am Introduction, Welcome, Orientation
8:30 – 9:15 am Scenario 1 and debriefing
9:15 – 10:00 am Scenario 2 and debriefing
10:00 – 10:45 am Scenario 3 and debriefing
10:45 – 11:30 am Scenario 4 and debriefing
11:30 am – 12:00 pm Wrap-up, evaluations
Accreditation and credit designation
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh School designates this blended activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 6.0 contact hours.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 6.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 6.00 Attendance