WLA: Infection Prevention System Orientation Module 1: Hand Hygiene
New Infection Preventionists need to receive standardized, system-level guidance about UPMC hand hygiene policies and procedures, auditing processes, the UPMC Hand Hygiene App and Power BI, and UPMC Hand Hygiene Program resources. This knowledge enables them to act as the subject matter expert about hand hygiene and UPMC hand hygiene resources for staff, patients, and visitors. Knowledge of and ability to appropriately perform and document hand hygiene audits helps to identify areas of opportunity in hand hygiene compliance that may impact patient safety and provides opportunity for expert remediation.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe UPMC hand hygiene guidelines.
- Describe the process for monitoring hand hygiene compliance.
- Utilize UPMC hand hygiene resources.
Planning Committee: Lisa R. Bauccio, MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, Programmatic Nurse Specialist Wolff Center at UPMC
- Melissa Borza, MS, CCC-SLP, Project Manager, Infection Prevention Wolff Center at UPMC
- Rebecca Glista, MSN, RN, CIC, Senior Infection Preventionist II Wolff Center at UPMC
- Suzanne Wagester, MSN, RN, Director, Infection Prevention Wolff Center at UPMC
- Lisa R. Bauccio, MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, Programmatic Nurse Specialist Wolff Center at UPMC
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Nursing Credits (ANCC)
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 0.5 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
All presenters’ disclosure of relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients is listed above. No other planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 0.50 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 0.50 Attendance