WLA - Infection Prevention System Orientation Module 4, Part 1: Regulatory Compliance
New Infection Preventionists need to receive standardized, system-level guidance about regulatory compliance as it applies to infection prevention practice. This knowledge enables them to maintain a consistent, effective leadership and partnership approach during exposures, clusters, and outbreaks.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe state and national regulations that apply to Infection Prevention practice.
- Describe conditions for participation and accreditation related to Infection Prevention.
- Describe partnerships applied to exposures, clusters, and outbreaks.
- List applicable UPMC System policies related to Infection Prevention.
Planning Committee: Lisa R. Bauccio, MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, Programmatic Nurse Specialist Wolff Center at UPMC
- Melissa Borza, MS, CCC-SLP, Project Manager, Infection Prevention Wolff Center at UPMC
- Rebecca Glista, MSN, RN, CIC, Senior Infection Preventionist II Wolff Center at UPMC
- Suzanne Wagester, MSN, RN, Director, Infection Prevention Wolff Center at UPMC
- Lisa R. Bauccio, MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, Programmatic Nurse Specialist Wolff Center at UPMC
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Joint Accreditation Statement:
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Nursing Credits (ANCC)
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1.0 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
All presenters’ disclosure of relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients is listed above. No other planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance