Pediatric Education Series - Gastrostomy Tube Care -
This webinar will review UPMC: Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Gastrostomy Tube (GT) Care Pathway which includes immediate post-op care and general GT care.
After viewing the webinar the learner will be able to
- Describe care for a new post operative GT
- Describe general care for a GT
- Verbalize what to do if the GT is accidentally dislodged.
Rachel Reif, RN,CBC,CLC
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
No planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit[s]™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 1 contact hours.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.00 ANCCUPMC Provider Unit is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- 1.00 Attendance