Responsible Psycho-Pharmacology for Individuals Living with a Substance Use Disorder for Clinical Providers
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Impact of substance use disorders on treatment approaches for those with co-occurring mental health disorders;
- Common co-occurring mental health disorders and recommended psycho-pharmacological treatment options for these disorders;
- How marijuana/cannabinoids affect individuals with co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders;
- Best practices related to amphetamine and methamphetamine use;
- Ways providers can support patients with co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders; and
- Treatment considerations for patients in recovery.
Registration/Lunch: 12:00 PM
Workshop: 12:30 - 4:00 PM
This activity is approved for the following credit: AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.25 Attendance